I created a delicious account a while ago, after learning about it at a workshop. However, I don't use it much and always forget it's there. After exploring it some more for Thing 13, I added all the cool sites I've learned about in earlier weeks (like imagechef and library thing) and I'm hoping to really start using it. My bookmarks/favorites are a mess anyway. It's kind of cool to see who else has tagged the same sites and what they have to say about them.
I spent some time with Technorati, searching it in different ways, discovering that the whole world of blogging is much bigger and more complex than I previously imagined. I read about what gives a blog "authority" according to Technorati and how to build your blog's authority. At this point, the only thing I blog about are the "things" for this course, so I'm not too worried about attracting readers to my blog--but the whole idea is rather interesting. I'm getting used to the idea of tags--as a librarian it's freeing to be able to tag posts, pictures, and other things however I want without worrying about the right way to do it. I haven't really used the tags all that much because, again and again and again it's a little overwhelming!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment