I've taken a long hiatus from the Web 2.0 course and now hope I can finish on time. I got sidetracked by thing 8 when I attempted to create an account on Bloglines and kept getting a message to first respond to the email to verify my account but never got the email. Anyway, I ended up coming back to it weeks later and setting up a Google Reader account. I understand the idea, but am a little overwhelmed at the possibilities. There's so much out there, it will take some time to really focus on the useful and not get carried away adding endless feeds. Starting a new habit of checking my Google Reader page on a regular basis is probably the best way to really use the technology effectively.
I used Google Blog search to look for school library/children's books related feeds, and once again I was overwhelmed by the possibilities. I subscribed to some, including About.com's Children's books and the ALA's library advocate. Now I just have to keep up with them, determine if they are useful to me, and generally maintain my Google Reader page so that it is a valuable tool for me (instead of another place to lose myself in the endless possibilities of the web).
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment