Saturday, February 14, 2009

Week 8, Things 18 & 19

Once again, it's down to the wire and I really want to finish the 23 things. I've got tonight and tomorrow to beat the deadline. . .not really the way I wanted to do this when I signed up, but not much I can do about it now. Even if I don't finish, I've been pretty excited by a lot of what I've discovered.
I choose Google.docs because I was already logged into Google for the blog and didn't feel like setting up yet another account. This is probably one of the best discoveries for me so far. I needed to type up minutes for a meeting anyway, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. It was super simple to use and then I just sent the minutes to the group. If anyone sees a problem or wants to add something, they can. Very cool! There were some weird moments when I was scrolling through the document and it mashed everything together, but for the most part it served my purpose well and is definitely something I'll come back to. I know that it's purpose is different from a Wikki, but it is more along the lines of how I see myself really using Web 2.0 applications.
I guess I should have read ahead, but I already did the librarything thing back for thing number 11 when I had to pick something off the best of the web 2.0 list. I love it and have gone back to it a number of times already. Again, here's an application I can see using for long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment